Here are the gifts that I made for my roommates at convention. Didn't they turn out cute? The label is actually two pieces. The pink part of the label was designed on My Digital Studio and the brown part of the label is Designer Series Paper adhered to a Big Shot Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet. I did have to use a little bit of Tombow Liquid Glue to adhere the sides where the ribbon is. I filled them with Hershey Kisses!
I hear you asking, "How did you get pink Chantilly Chrochet Trim?" Well, here is what I did. In all honesty, this color was a complete accident! I was wanting brown trim, but so glad that I found a fun way to use up the pink trim!
How to Coffee Dye with Classic Ink Refills
1 c regular or instant coffee, warm or cold
2 T vinegar
Approx. 20 drops of Early Espress Ink
- Wet your lace thoroughly in water.
- Dip into the coffee mixture until the lace turns the shade you like.
- Rinse in cold water to set the color.
- Repeat step 2 and 3 if you want a darker shade.
- Air dry or place paper towels on your ironing board and iron to dry quicker.